are a not-for-profit corporation located in Rochester, New York. Our mission is
to provide experiences that help urban children achieve and maintain academic
success and acquire positive self-images, confidence, and problem-solving
skills, including development of a lifelong commitment to learning and the
setting of high goals for success.Â To
this end, we operate a six-week summer program called Right-On School at
minimal cost that provides a setting for continued academic work over the
summer, and cultural and wellness development to meet the above goals.
Board of Directors
officers of the Board of Right On Rochester Youth, Inc. are:
- The Very Rev. Michael W. Hopkins, President
- Ms. Rochelle Coley, Chairperson
- Ms. Sharon Nelson, Secretary
- Ms. Lorraine Morgan, Treasurer
- Mr. Glenn Buie
- Ms. Yantise Fulton
- Ms. Mary Kane
- Ms. Madeline Gamble
Right-On School at
- A committed and experienced staff
- Educational experiences focusing on math, reading, and
writing skills for children aged 6 â€“ 13.
- Representations focusing on career awareness and
- Planned activities exposing campers to the many
cultural opportunities available within our community
- A warm and exciting learning environment.
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Established in 1967 by St. Simon Cyrene Church (until
and then St. Luke & St Simon Cyrene Church (until 2013).Â We continue to have a close relationship
with St. Luke & St. Simon Cyrene Church.
- Mornings are spent in the classroom, which provides the
children with a summer school experience designed to focus on
strengthening and helping maintain reading, writing and mathematical
- Afternoons incorporate culturally diverse and
enrichment experiences that enhance self-worth and career awareness in a
positive, caring and safe environment.
- Exposure to positive role models and grade focused activities
enhance childrenâ€™s learning experience.
- Music and dance skills are encouraged through our Artist
in Residence programs.
- Weekly trips to area, state and county parks, museums,
- Children â€œgive something backâ€ when they perform on
Appreciation Night every year.
- Right-On School provides a fun way to learn!
- I am proud of who I am and where I came from.
- I can become anything I want to become; as long as I
have the willpower and drive I will succeed.
- If my home life is not ok and I canâ€™t change it, I will
rise above that level to better myself.
- I know I must deal with different problems in life; it
is up to me to find solutions and people to help me solve them.
- There are many paths I can choose; I canâ€™t blame anyone
but myself if I choose the wrong path. All I can do is back up and choose
- I am not perfect but I am somebody and I will be the
best at whatever I do.
A Prayer for the
the Rev. Michael W. Hopkins
Good Jesus, who welcomed children and taught us all to enter the Kingdom of God
like them: we pray for the children, counselors, and volunteers of the Right On
School, that their summer time of study and recreation may bring them to a
fuller sense of themselves as your children, created in the image of God and
filled with the power of your life-giving Spirit; help them to shine with the
light of faith, faith in you that enables faith in themselves so that they know
they are somebody in your eyes and strive to be the best they can be; in your
name we pray. Amen.
& Application Contact (after March 1, 2014):
c/o St. Luke & St. Simon Cyrene
17 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, New York 14614